Monday, May 16, 2011

The Last Days of Space Disco


This photo was taken from a commercial airplane as the Space Shuttle Endeavor happened to wiz by. This is the last photo ever to be taken of Endevor during take off since NASA's shuttle program is ending with only one more flight on Atlantis in July. The Space Shuttle program had a strong impact on my life and I'll be sad to see it go. Strapping an airplane to three missiles in order to get into space is a really fucking cool idea, but it was a major rescouce hog and in the last few years it hasn't really contributed to anything significant aside from the space station, which some would argue is sort of a waste in its own right. Ending the program makes a lot of sense at this time, and all endings are also beginnings yadda yadda. In the years to come we will fly further then ever before. Yeah, that's kinda my life right now. God I love spring.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya buddy. Saw this today also, and was moved.

    ReplyDelete